Monday 29 August 2011

Finished my Insanity program!

It has been 2 long months, an hour a day, 6 days a week, but hubs and I have finally finished the Insanity workout program. Intense,insane,exhilarating,fatigue, these are some of the words I would use to describe what my body has been put through over the last 8 weeks but it was well worth it. I now have a very toned butt, my shoulders are like something out of a fitness magazine, I actually have a little six pack. I went from not being able to do 1 press up to doing 64 in one session. I was a lightweight at running, letting hubby go out for his daily 4 miler wishing I could join him, to now being the first one to put the shoes on and keeping up with him on the weekly 10K on a Saturday morning. I feel so good right now.
Lost 4 inches overall but gained weight due to the muscle build!!!! OMG the weight gain is the scariest part, I now have to just put away the scales and never look at them again. My body fat went from over 18% to under 12%. Hubby has lost his belly, looks really slim and of course he is even fitter than he was before.
This has been a life changing 2 months and we can now never go back. We now mix up the exercise with running, and just 4 days a week, but we are not being complacent.   

No comments:

Post a Comment